Ladona Tornabene, Ph.D., MCHES, Lisa Vogelsang, Ph.D., Melanie Morgan
2nd Edition, The area's most scenic hikes less than 3 miles.
The hiking guide for everyone! Minnesota's North Shore, from Duluth to the Canadian border is renowned for its picturesque waterfalls, winding rivers, rocky landscapes, and of course, Lake Superior. There's no need to plan an overnight camping trip to see it. This guide presents the top outings under 3 miles in length. Each trail entry includes full-color photos, a map, and the information you want to know: total length, surface type, resting areas, trail highlights and more. Plan the perfect outdoor adventures for your entire family. These gentle yet spectacular hikes are inviting for everyone!
Inside you'll find:
- 46 hikes under 3 miles in length
- Perfect trips for groups with children, seniors or a range of physical abilities
- Special sections for people traveling in RVs and those with physical challenges
- Research-based facts about health and the benefits of walking
- BONUS: 15 scenic walks less than a mile long, 18 waysides and scenic locales, and 11 picnic sites