Textbooks & Course Materials
This textbook information is correct as we know it, as of this date. Changes, modifications and additions to course number, section, ISBN or price may be made at any time up to and including the first few weeks of the session for which these numbers have been provided. The information (ISBN numbers and required status) provided below is not meant as a guarantee for purchases made other than at the bookstore. UMD Stores will not make exchanges, refunds, or any compensation for books mistakenly purchased from other sources utilizing the information below.
How to Find Your Course Materials
- Go to http://www.myu.umn.edu and log in to your MyU account
- Click on the "Academics" tab
- Click "View Calendar" and choose a day when classes are in session
- Click on the "Textbooks-UMD" tab to have your materials automatically populate in our website at umdstores.com. Use this list to order online or shop in-store.
Important Information about Fall 2021 OrdersOnline orders for course materials are now closed. Don't worry! Course materials, art kits and laptops can always be purchased in-store leading up to, and after, fall semester begins, as well. Please see our store hours.
Fall 2021 Textbook Return Policy & Dates
- Fall semester books (purchased or rented) may be returned with receipt + ID by Thursday, Sept. 2, 2021.
- New Books MUST BE UNMARKED. Marked books and opened CDs, etc., may be refunded as used. Access codes opened, activated or scratched off are non-returnable.
- NEW RENTAL BOOKS returned through Friday, Oct. 1, 2021, will be refunded at a reduced rate if marked or highlighted.
- Textbook returns (purchased or rented) from Friday, Sept. 3, through Friday, Oct. 1, 2021, must have proof of cancellation, receipt + ID.
- The LAST day to purchase Fall Semester books is Friday, Oct. 1, 2021. The last day to RENT Fall Semester books is Friday, Nov. 5, 2021.
- All Fall Semester RENTAL books are DUE BACK by Friday, Dec. 17 2021.
Fall 2021 Art Kit Return Policy & Dates
- Art kits may be returned with receipt + ID by Thursday, Sept. 9, 2021. All items in the kit must be included and must be UNUSED and in new condition.
- Art kits returned on or after Friday, Sept. 10, 2021 through Friday, Oct. 1, 2021 must have proof of cancellation, receipt + ID
Faculty Textbook Requisition Form: Fall 2021 (PDF)
Select Term and Departments
View Your Materials