GO GREEN with UMD Stores!
B.Y.O.B. Bring your own reusable shopping bag or backpack every time you shop at UMD Stores!
Please bring your own reusable bag, use your backpack, or take a recycled plastic bag from our bag-tree.
Check out our BAG FREE VIDEO on our Facebook page!
How does UMD Stores strive to go green?
- UMD Stores carries a number of sustainable merchandise (art paper, recycled tees, recycled office supplies, gift items, laptop bags & much more!)
- There are battery and ink recycling drop offs in the computer corner and we also sell rechargeable batteries
- Reusable bags are available for purchase and we initiated the "Wooden Nickel" program Fall 2009 to raise money for local charities every time you bring your own bag
- Our plastic bags are recyclable and there are recycle bins in our stores for bags, plastic and glass
- Our textbook buyback saves students money and helps us offer used books each semester
- "A Brighter UMD Energy Event" helps us raise money for the U Pass bus program through the sale of energy saving lighting products
- We reuse copy paper for internal use and we reuse/recycle packing material on our receiving dock
- We reuse/recycle our office and electronic equipment and use energy efficient light bulbs in our stores
For more information and details about recycling at UMD please visit UMD Sustainability
Green brands & products you can find at UMD Stores:
Bee Paper Company
Better Office Products
Earth's Choice by Samsill
ECO Fleece by Champion
Environotes by Roaring Springs
Give Green by Jillson Roberts
Green Gift Wrap by Design Design
Kleen Earth by Westcott
Light My Fire
Post-it Greener Notes
Quotable Cards inc.
Recycled Paper Greetings
Rite in the Rain
Robert Bateman Sketch Books
Ticonderoga sustainable pencils